Thursday 2 February 2012

Pumpkin soup (absolutely perfect!)

I was quite excited today about making this as I've never cooked pumpkins before (and I generally like to challenge myself..). So, this is again inspired by Jamie Oliver and all I can say is... I loved this soup!!!!! And the idea with double frying the bread... genius!!!! I highly recommend this to anyone who can find pumpkins..

This is the youtube video I followed (this recipe starts at 3:27).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1IsOznXiFA&feature=related

Here is everything I used.. (along with the Greek olive oil from Crete)

Chop the onions and celery and add to pot with the olive oil.

Then cut the carrots and garlic and add to the pot.

Cut the pumpkins and add to the pot along with 2L chicken stock.

When everything is almost ready cut the bread

Fry a few sage leaves in olive oil

Remove the sage leaves, fry the bread in the oil, remove, add Parmesan cheese to both sides, fry again.

Add the bread to the bowls.

Then add the soup, the fried sage leaves and enjoy with some wine! This is one of my favourite wines from Greece (you can find it it Waitrose).


Enjoy!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful soup! i wouldn't believe i would ever give an 8 to a soup but here it is.
    Reason: Sage and the bread were out of this world and perfectly complemented the taste.

    ReplyDelete