Sunday 5 February 2012

Courgette fritters (κεφτἐδες με κολοκὐθια) with broccoli and carrot soup

I managed to use most of my vegetables today. I felt like making a soup with the broccoli and carrots but then had no idea how to cook the courgettes.. My friend Sofia once made these amazing courgette fritters so that's where the inspiration for these came from. I don't think we used the same recipe so... Sofia, if you're reading this.. can you tell me which recipe you used???!

The broccoli and carrot soup was from here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/down-home-with-the-neelys/broccoli-soup-recipe/index.html while the Greek courgette fritters was from a recipe similar to this: http://whippedtheblog.com/2009/08/04/greek-zucchini-fritters-kolokithopitta-with-tzatziki/ 

So here goes, for the soup...

Prepare the broccoli, onions and carrots (making them look like an Irish flag is optional!)

Fry in some butter or olive oil

Add the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
 For the courgette fritters..

courgettes, eggs, onion, yellow cheese (kefalotyri - κεφαλοτὐρι), bread crumbs, dill.

Grate the courgette

Mix everything together.

Fry in some olive oil

Enjoy with some bread, cheese, olives, salad and some wine....

Καλἠ ὀρεξη!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am back to my marking jobs...backlog is considerable... this one is a 6.5 as i seem to recall... Fritters were a very interesting addition to an average tasting soup.

    ReplyDelete