Wednesday 1 February 2012

Pork chops with braised white cabbage, bacon and thyme

Today's recipe follows Jamie Oliver's cabbage recipe. I just added the pork chops. The funny thing is, my red cabbage turned out to be white!! I don't have much experience with cooking cabbage... Ah well, it was still good!

To make the pork chops, I preheated the oven to 200C, put them in a baking tray with olive oil, salt and pepper and put them in the over for just over an hour. The cabbage recipe is all from here:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/braised-white-cabbage-with-bacon-thy

cutting the cabbage

Prepare bacon and thyme

Place your stock, bacon and thyme in a pan on the hob, bring to the boil and then sprinkle in your finely sliced cabbage. Mix up, put the lid on and boil furiously for 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to a simmer and continue to cook until the cabbage is a pleasure to eat. Top up the stock a little bit if you feel it’s reducing too much. Add the butter, a good glug of extra virgin olive oil, season to taste and serve immediately.
Served with rocket and tomato salad... Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Cabbage was very good though though i don't recommend it in open kitchens. :-) This wonderful feast gets 6.5 in my books!
    Reason: chops were too close to charcoal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the scoring lucky guinea pig! I agree with the 6.5 as I'm not the biggest fan of cabbage, however I like my meat well done.. so will have to disagree with you there :-)

    ReplyDelete